Expert help to select & protect your online identity
Your address on the Internet
Your domain name is your address on the Internet, and Domainz gives you access to more than 200 different domain name extensions worldwide. Use our free search feature or talk to a Domainz consultant about the right domain name for your website.
Can customers find your website quickly and easily on the Internet?
Using your business or brand name makes perfect sense. But if your business name isn't available, consider choosing key words that represent your business or product. Purchasing your domain name as soon as possible prevents it being registered by a competitor or speculator. Consider registering one domain name with multiple extensions (like co.nz .com, .com.au). Or take a look at international domain name options like .co.uk.
1. Before searching for your domain name, ask yourself these questions
Is the name you want easy to spell?
If your brand name is often misspelled, you can simply redirect the traffic to your main website - e.g. vodaphone.co.nz redirects to vodafone.co.nz.
Is it short and easy to remember?
A nickname or abbreviation might be used most often by your customers e.g. amex.co.nz or coke.com. Sometimes initials will work best - like bnz.co.nz for Bank of New Zealand.
Is it easily differentiated?
If you don't have a well-known brand, or your business/product name is too much like another company's, a 'generic' address may be a good choice e.g. auckland-plumbing.co.nz
Where are your key markets?
If you have customers in specific national markets, consider registering domain names in those markets e.g. .com.au in Australia, .cn in China etc.
2. Search for the name you want
Use our free search at the top of this page to see if it's available.
Simply enter 'thenameyouwant' and hit 'Go!' If that name is already registered with a certain extension, our search feature will recommend other options available. To future-proof your online brand against competitors, consider owning a number of extensions e.g yourname.com, yourname.net.nz, yourname.biz
3. Choose the registration and payment method that suits you.
Do it online, by phone (0800 366 2469) or by fax/post.
Get more than a name.
- DNS Services
- Manage your domain at a deep level and use services like Google Apps by configuring your A, CNAME and MX records. Our DNS service provides multiple record types and short TTL's.
- Domain Name Parking
- Your website will resolve to a real web page until you're ready to launch your website.
- Web and email forwarding Redirection
- Got multiple names? Send all traffic to your main web address and protect your online brands at the same time.
- Control Panel
- Manage your domains whenever you like.
- Ongoing Customer Support
- You're not just getting a domain, you're getting a partner who will help you on the way to a successful web presence.
Make the right choice
Compare our prices. The longer you register, the more you save!
|Domain Pricing |
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and exclude GST
Renewal pricing: domain name renewals are processed at full RRP, as indicated above. Where any strike-out pricing is identified, that struck-out pricing indicates the full RRP, and renewals will be processed at that price.
Renewal Information: An additional reactivation fee of $11.00 may apply to the renewal if the domain name is renewed after it has expired.
A redemption fee of $300.00, which includes a one (1) year renewal, may be applicable for the following spaces: .com, .net, .org, .biz and .info.
Available for applicable gTLD domains only, price of $50.00 per year per domain name.
Customers can make credit card payments using the 'Pay My Account Now' utility on the homepage of this website, using their Name Holder ID and Name Holder Password. Alternatively, credit card payments can be phoned or faxed to Domainz.
Cheque payments must be drawn in NZ dollars (NZ$), and payable to Domainz Limited. Payments should be posted to Domainz at its Wellington office, as marked on the invoice:
Domainz Limited Private Bag 1810 Wellington New Zealand
Name Holders should list their invoice number(s) or Name Holder ID on the back of the cheque.
Direct Credit Payments
Domainz will accept payments directly into our bank account.
Please ensure that you reference your full Customer/Name Holder ID and Name Holder name so the payment can be allocated against the correct account.
Bank: BNZ A/C: 02-0500-0770853-001
Domain Sale Terms & Conditions
- Special offer expires
- Not valid with any other offers.
- Registration of domain/s is subject to availability, eligibility and acceptance of the Domainz Standard Terms and Conditions
- Subsequent renewal of the domain name will be charged at the retail price current at that time.
Transfer to NZ's most experienced domain registrar
When you transfer your domain to us you get the benefit of a team dedicated to helping you succeed online.
- NZ's most experienced and trusted Registrar - Over 10 years experience in the Domain Name industry.
- No set up fees.
- No transfer fees.
- Wide range of renewal payment options
- Free domain name parking.
- Free URL redirection and email forwarding.
- 100% local NZ web hosting and email
- Helpful Friendly Customer Service.
For further information on transferring to Domainz see our frequently asked questions.
To transfer call us on 0800 366 2469.