Australian Domain Names
Represent your business in the Australian market
What are the .au domain name spaces?
|.com.au||The Domain Name space of choice for Australian Businesses/Companies. You need only think of Australian web sites that you know and visit already to realise that if you want to do business online in Australia, you need a com.au Domain Name.|
|.net.au||The Domain Name space that has historically been chosen by Australian 'tech' companies, but has grown in visibility in recent years as a great alternative to .com.au. If your Domain Names are already taken in .com.au then you should see if they are still available in the .net.au Domain Name space.|
Why register .au domain names?
- Get a piece of Aussie real estate
- Australian domain names are a valuable asset for you to represent your product and/or company name into the Australian market
- Brand protection
- Protect your company and product names from competitors
- Avoid cyber squatters
- Protect your company and product names from cyber squatters
- Good for Aussie SEO
- Improve your listings when customers search for you in Google's Australian database
Which .au domain name is right for me?The .au domain space dominates web sites in the Australian market and Australian businesses, search directories and consumers expect businesses operating in Australia to be found at a com.au web site address. In order to check the availability of a .au domain name simply enter your choice in the search box above and click 'Search' - from there, just submit your request and we'll take care of the rest! Alternatively, simply contact on of our Online Solutions Consultants on 0800 366 2469.
Who can register .au domain names?Unlike .nz and .com, there are some restrictions on who can register a .au domain name. The most important eligibility criteria is that you must be an Australian registered entity & generally one of the following:
- An Australian registered company (ACN / ABN)
- Trading under an Australian registered business name
- A foreign company licensed to trade in Australia
- An owner of an Australian registered Trade Mark
- An applicant for an Australian registered Trade Mark