Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question? Just ask us.
Domain Names > Transfer
- Can I transfer my .com and other TLDs to domainz?
- Can I transfer my domain name to domainz and keep my current email or hosting provider?
- Can I transfer to domainz if my domain name is due to expire or is cancelled?
- How do I transfer my domain name to domainz?
- How do I update my name holder/registrant details?
- I have an existing domainz account; can I transfer additional names into that account?
- Is there a charge to transfer to domainz?
- What is a UDAI and where do I get one?
- What is an AUTHINFO code?
- 1. Can I transfer my .com and other TLDs to domainz?
You certainly can take advantage of transferring all of your domain names to Domainz for our excellent service, support and easily online management tools - simply complete our International Transfer In Form for com, net, org, biz and info domain names.
- 2. Can I transfer my domain name to domainz and keep my current email or hosting provider?
Yes, however, check with your current host to ensure they will allow you to retain your services.
- 3. Can I transfer to domainz if my domain name is due to expire or is cancelled?
Absolutely! You can transfer your domain name to us during your registration period or while it is in the 90 day holding pool following cancellation. Once you have transferred in, we will take care of any reactivations or renewals for you. Your domain name will be active at the next zone build after you transfer in. We will send you an invoice when the name is due for renewal.
- 4. How do I transfer my domain name to domainz?
Either complete an online transfer in request or contact our Online Solutions Team. We will do all the processing for you.
For .nz domain names, you will need to let us know the Unique Domain Authentication ID (UDAI) for each domain name.
For gTLD domain names, you may prefer to download and complete our TLD Transfer Form and then fax it back to us.
- 5. How do I update my name holder/registrant details?
If you wish to transfer the licence holder from one party to another, you will need complete an authorisation process which ensures the security of your domain name by requiring written verification from the current registrant (name holder) as well as the new registrant.
Download and complete the Change of Registrant Form. Once you've completed it in full and provided payment details (a small administration fee applies) please fax or post it to Domainz. If you are unsure about any of the information or how to complete it, please don't hesitate to contact us.
If you are not transferring the licence for your domain name from one party to another, but simply amending or updating the way it is listed (for example a misspelling), please complete the online amendment form request.
- 6. I have an existing domainz account; can I transfer additional names into that account?
As long as the nameholder/registrant is the same we can consolidate your accounts for you. This will give you a single point for managing your .nz domain names.
- 7. Is there a charge to transfer to domainz?
There is no charge for .nz transfers. We will only invoice you for your domain name registration fees and any additional web and email services you choose.
- 8. What is a UDAI and where do I get one?
Contact your current Registrar to get your UDAI, they are required to provide it on request.
- 9. What is an AUTHINFO code?
An AUTHINFO code is a 6 to 16 character password assigned by a sponsoring Registrar. It identifies your domain name in the Registry. No domain name transfer request can be successfully executed without this password. Registrars are contractually required to provide this code upon registrant request. Registrants are advised to protect their AUTHINFO codes to avoid unauthorized transfers of domain names.